Case Study: Indoor dog run
Dog space Punahele (JAPAN)
Address : 22-16, Okada 3-Chome, Samukawa-Machi, Koza-Gun, Kanagawa 253-0105 Japan
Tel : 050-1400-1891
Business hour : 10:00 Dog Run Reception will close at 19:00
Regular holiday : Mondays
(If Monday is a national holiday, it will be the next day)
Facilities and services :
・Indoor dog run/Shop/Cafe
・Training class/party/various kinds of events
- We want to construct a new style dog run where customers can relax physically and mentally.
- The facility will be a place where dogs and people can communicate naturally.
- We want to introduce a projector capable of projecting clear images in large venue that used to be a warehouse.
We interviewed Mr. Koichi Shigeta, the owner of Punahele for details about why the shop introduced the high-brightness and high-quality projector, NP2150J, which supports different image sources, and his impressions after introduction.
A peg is a desire to provide an indoor dog run where dogs and owners can play even on a rainy day.
- Q.What is “Dog space Punahele”?
- A.The shop name Punahele means “favorite” in Hawaiian. It is possible to imagine from with the shop name that “Dog space Punahele” is filled with the unique ideas of the owner, Mr. Koichi Shigeta.
‘I have a dog but there was no space where my dog could play on rainy days. Then I got an idea to provide by myself a wide indoor space where dogs could play, and then started running this indoor dog run. As far as I know, there is no indoor dog run of this size equipped with such a large-sized projector in Japan other than here. My shop concept is communication. In other words, this is a park for dogs. Dogs who meet in this place communicate each other and play together. Their owners will also be friends. That is my concept of this dogrun’. (Mr. Koichi Shigeta)
The shop aims to be a space that dogs and people can enjoy together and be healed in an atmosphere produced by the owner’s great love of Hawaii and Jamaica. Of course, music played in the shop is Hawaiian and Reggae. There is a shop selling original goods that are available only in this place. A cafe that the customers can use not only for meals but to rest is also available. Various kinds of events, parties and reservations are also available.
Providing a space where everybody can enjoy images
- Q.What is the reason you decided to introduce the NP2105J?
- A.Dogs cheerfully run on artificial grass. Behind that, video images of diving in Hawaii are projected on a large screen of 120 inches. The peg to introduce the projector was an unexpected place.
‘Do you know a sports bar where people drink and together enjoy videos of sports events from all over the world, which are projected on a screen or displayed on a monitor behind the bar. I thought this style could be applicable to my shop. I have a projector in my house and am fastidious about image quality. After comparing various products, I selected the NEC’s projector suitable for the size and brightness of my shop’. (Mr. Koichi Shigeta)
Making communications among the customers smoother
- Q.What is your impression of the NP2150J after introduction?
- A.‘The customers’ reputations are not bad. Videos of the hula or surfing are projected on the large screen of 120 inches on weekends. It contributes to providing a comfortable atmosphere in the shop. Furthermore, meetings of dogs, the so-called off meeting, are held sometime, and DVDs brought by individual owners at the meeting are projected on the screen during the meeting. Videos recorded in the previous dog training class are also projected for entertaining the visitors. Parents also appreciate projecting movies for children on the large screen, since children concentrate on the screen and will be quiet as if they are in a cinema’. (Laughing) (Mr. Koichi Shigeta)
Mr. Koichi Shigeta, the owner, attaches importance to not only hardware such as the complex indoor dog run but also the dog training class and the holistic care (dog aromatherapy and handmade foods). The NP2150J plays an important role in expressing the owner’s unique ideas more widely and deeply.