NEC’s NC2500S is designed for multiplexes with large screens up to 32 metres wide.
Delivering precise 2K (2048 x 1080) resolution and high contrast images (2000:1), the NC2500S digital cinema projector is easy to operate, extremely user friendly, and requires minimal maintenance.
- Industry’s FIRST memory functions for lens zoom, position/focus and lamp output *1
- Industry’s FIRST Lamp changes from the back of projector *1
- Direct selection buttons for 8 stored projector configurations
- Projector can be controlled from an optional touch screen
- Auto lamp brightness control
- Standard Film projector lamps can be used *3 (requires adapter available from NEC)
- Built-in webserver allows basic control from any web browser
- DLP chip shielding prevents dust, oil and smoke particles from settling on DLP chip surface *2
- Self-contained liquid cooling system - no external reservoir
*1 Among DLP Cinema Projectors, according to a survey conducted by NEC in June, 2007.
*2 Subject to installation conditions.
*3 Compatible third-party film projector lamps are listed on here.
*4 This can be achieved under the below instllation conditions.
1) At screen gain 1.8/14ft-1
2) Use USHIO DXL-70SN 7.0kW lamp
|Projection method||3-chip DLP chip reflection method|
|DLP chip specifications||1.2", 12° tilt angle, 2048 x 1080 pixels|
|Light Output *1||31,000 Lumens*2|
|Supported screen sizes||minimum
||-at screen gain 1.3 / 14ft-l 12 meters (40 feet) *3 *4|
||-at screen gain 1.8 / 14ft-l 30 meters (100 feet) *2 *5
-at screen gain 1.3 / 14ft-l 25 meters (82 feet) *2 *5
|Contrast ratio||2000 : 1 or above (full on / off)|
|Primary lenses||1.25 to 1.45:1 zoom "L2K-12ZM" *6||(Note : select according to magnifications of installation environment)|
|1.45 to 1.08:1 zoom "L2K-14ZM" *6|
|1.45 to 2.05:1 zoom "NC-50LS14Z"|
|1.60 to 2.40:1 zoom "NC-50LS16Z"|
|1.80 to 2.40:1 zoom "L2K-18ZM"|
|1.85 to 3.00:1 zoom "NC-50LS18Z"|
|2.15 to 3.60:1 zoom "NC-50LS21Z"|
|2.20 to 3.00:1 zoom "L2K-22ZM"|
|3.00 to 4.30:1 zoom "L2K-30ZM"|
|4.30 to 6.00:1 zoom "L2K-43ZM"|
|5.50 to 8.50:1 zoom "L2K-55ZM"|
|Lamp bulbs||NEC certified digital Xenon lamp bulbs 4.5kW, 6.0kW, 7.0kW
Compatible standard film projector lamp bulbs
|Standard film lamp bulbs*7|
|DLP Cinema functions||CineLinkTM, CineCanvasTM, CinePaletteTM, CineBlackTM|
|Lens adjustment functions||Motorized focus, zoom, horizontal/vertical shift*, light shutter (dowser)
*Range of motorized shift is dependent on lens
|Fan noise||Less than 65 dB|
|Power supply voltage*8||
|Rated input current||Projector head : 5A Max
Lamp power supply unit : 28A Max
|Power consumption||Projector head : 950W
Lamp power supply unit : 8000W
|Environment||Operational temperatures||10°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F), humidity : 10% to 80% (non- condensing)|
|Storage temperatures||-10°C to 50°C (14°F to 122°F), humidity : 10% to 80% (non-condensing)|
|External dimensions||Projector head :
700 (W) × 1100 (D) × 503 (H) (mm)
27.6 (W) × 43.3 (D) × 19.8 (H) (inch)
*Excluding lens, lens hood and exhaust stack.
|Lamp power supply unit :
596 (W) × 397 (D) × 471 (H) (mm)
23.5 (W) × 15.7 (D) × 18.6 (H) (inch)
| Projector head + Pedestal (NEC Option) :
700 (W) × 1100 (D) × 1367 (H) (mm)
27.6 (W) × 43.3 (D) × 53.5 (H) (inch)
*Excluding lens, lens hood, exhaust stack and handle. Including foot.
|Weight|| Projector head : Approx.120kg / 265lb
|Lamp power supply unit : Approx. 50.5kg / 112 lb|
| Projector head + Pedestal (NEC Option) : Approx. 255.5kg / 564 lb
*Including Lamp power supply unit
|*1||Measured at center screen|
|*2||Subject to installation conditions.This can be achieved using USHIO DXL-70SN 7.0kW lamp|
|*3||Subject to installation conditions|
|*4||When using 3kW film projector lamp bulb|
|*5||When using anamorphic lens|
|*6||Anamorphic lens cannot be used with following primary lenses
due to the limitation of the anamorphic lens
If actual lens magnifications for CS display doesn't fit the attached primary lens,
please change into a primary lens fittable for CS display.
|*7||Recommended standard film projector lamp bulbs will be listed on here.|
|*8||Power cord for Projection head supplied with NC2500S. Power cord for Lamp power supply unit not supplied with NC2500S. Procurement for this cable is required by exhibitors.|
Input / Output terminal
|Input Terminals||HDSDI port||BNC||2|
|PC card slot||For compact flash memory
card or wireless LAN card
|USB port||Type A||1|
|Serial port(RS-232C)||D-sub (9-pin)||1|
|General Purpose Input / Output||D-sub (37-pin)||1|
|Remote control connector||Stereo mini||1|
Standard supplied accessories *1
- Remote control unit
- Cable for remote control unit (16 m / 629 inch)
- Lens adapter to be attached to NEC primary lenses
- User’s manual
- Power cord for NC2500S Projection head (supplied under a separate carton)*2
(for US ： "NC-PC25U01", for Eu/Asia ： "NC-PC25E01", for Japan ： "NC-PC25J01")
- Film lamp adapter, for 4.0kW-7.0kW film projector lamp bulbs
Optional accessories *2
- Pedestal for NC2500S projection head "NC-PD01"
- Pedestal for NC2500S and NC1600C projection head "NC-PD02"
- Air filter for replacement "NC-AF01"
- *This air filter should be replaced whenever a new lamp bulb is replaced.
- Touch panel controller "NC-TP6402" & Holder arm "NC-TH6402"
- Lamp house module without a lamp bulb for NC2500S "NC-LH01"
- Anamorphic lens x1.25 "AL 1.25-E"*3 & motorized anamorphic turret "NC-AT02"
- Multi-Media Switcher for alternative content
- *Video Input Board and Analogue RGB Input Board are included in MM2000B.
- 【Optional input Board for Multi-Media Switcher】
- Single HD / SDI Input Board "MM-SDI-E"
- DVI-D Input board (Dual link) "MM-DVI-E"
- HDCP compliant DVI-D Input board (single link) "MM-70DV01"
- Analogue RGB Input Board "MM-RGB-E"
- Video Input Board "MM-VIDEO-E"
- Film lamp adapter, for 3.0kW film projector lamp bulbs "NC-25CL02"
- Lens adapter for NEC primary lenses "NC-50LA01"
Recommended standard film projector lamp bulbs
|*1||Standard supplied accessories and Optional accessories are subject to change without notice.|
|*2||When using 3kW film projector lamp bulb|
|*3||Anamorphic lens cannot be used with following primary lenses
due to the limitation of the anamorphic lens
If actual lens magnifications for CS display doesn't fit the attached primary lens, please change into a primary lens fittable for CS display.
CineLink,CineCanvas,CinePalette and CineBlack are trademarks of Texas Instruments.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.