PA600X / PA500X / PA550W / PA500U
Six types of optional lenses and a wide lens shift range provide improved flexibility of your installation.
Functions and Features
Equipped with a product design and adjustment functions that are desirable with a variety of installation requirements
Lens shift function for easily adjusting the position of the projected image
The projector is equipped with a lens shift that allows you to adjust the projected image horizontally or vertically. You can easily adjust the position of the projection just by turning the lens shift dials, without having to move the projector unit itself. Furthermore, it is also equipped with a centre lens design for easy alignment.
- *The lens shift mechanism does not work when using NP11FL.
- *As you maximise the tilt direction of the lens shift, the area surrounding the screen may get darker and shadows may appear.
Test pattern display that is convenient for screen adjustments
You can check the screen projection condition while setting up the projector by using a test pattern (grid). The projector can be checked independently without having to connect image devices and output test images.
3D REFORM function corrects keystone distortion
3D REFORM function enables the projection of images from a computer to screen on an angle.
360° installation angle (tilt-free) that enables vertical projection.
Various functions that support specialized installation requirements
- Geometric correction tool function that allows you to project squares even on screens with special shapes
- Supports a stack installation that achieves high luminance equivalent to 24000 ANSI lumens (PA600X)
- Multi-screen function that renders the borders of multiple images inconspicuous
Six types of optional lenses available for flexible installation
The projector supports six types of optional lenses which are adapted to a variety of installation locations and projection methods, including conference rooms, auditoriums, and exhibition halls. The NP13ZL is compatible with 2x zoom, which allows it to handle an even PA600X broader range of projection distances. The lenses can be easily changed by using the lens release button.
|Lens type||Fixed Short
|Throw Ratio *1||0.8:1||0.81-1.06:1||1.19-1.56:1||1.50-3.02:1||2.97-4.79:1||4.70-7.20:1|
|Screen Size (inches)||40-150||52-500||30-500||40-500||60-500||60-500|
|Weight||1.2 kg||1.1 kg||1.2 kg||0.84 kg||1.0 kg||1.0 kg|
- *The lenses are not included with this unit.
- *This is the brightness value when the lamp mode is set to "Normal Mode" and the preset mode is "High brightness mode". If the lamp mode is switched to "Eco Mode ", the brightness will drop to about 80%. If any other mode is selected as the preset mode, brightness may drop slightly.
Projected range of lens (image projected on a 100-inch screen)
Considering the environment and offering simple maintenance contributes to a reduced total cost of ownership.
Energy saving design with a standby power consumption of 0.2W
"Eco Mode" that curbs electricity consumption and "Carbon Meter" display
Extends the lamp replacement time to a maximum of 4000 hours in Eco Mode
Silent design of 31dB in Eco Mode that will not disturb meetings and classes
PA500U is 32dB.
Equipped with a maintenance-free large filter
The projector uses large two-layer filters. Since it is highly effective at repelling dust, as long as the filter is replaced with new ones when changing the lamp, there is no need for regular cleaning.
Environmentally friendly optional cable cover offered that uses bio-plastics
Compatible with diverse image sources and network control, with a commitment to reproducing high quality images
Simple "DICOM SIM. Mode" allows for the easy display of medical images
The projector can display medical images saved in the DICOM format and handle presentations such as academic conferences.
- *Cannot be used for diagnoses of the display images.
Compatible with wired / optional wireless LANs (IEEE 802.11b/g/n) and various network controls
- The projector supports Microsoft Windows Media Connect, which transmits still and moving images (streaming) to projectors connected to the network (does not support segment overrun).*
- Allows you to display files that are in the shared folder of computers connected to the network.*
- Supports a Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS). The projector can be synchronized with the access point and can be connected with a wireless LAN automatically via the infrastructure.
- The projector is equipped with an access point connection that improves the security of wireless LAN connections
- Compatible with the Windows Network Projector and PJ Link
- *Playable file formats : Windows Media Connect (WindowsXP:JPEG, MPEG2, WMV/Windows Vista: JPEG, PNG, MPEG2, WMV/Windows7: JPEG, PNG, MPEG2, WMV, H.264), Shared folder：JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, MPEG2 , WMV, H.264
- **Model name of the wireless LAN unit varies depending on the country where the unit is used (or to be used).
Wide range of input/output terminals such as HDMI and DisplayPort
Equipped with a wide range of input/output terminals and compatible with a variety of image sources such as DisplayPort, which lets you connect the projector from about 15 meters away with minimal signal decay, as well as computer (analogue), 5-core BNC, HDMI, video, and S-video.
Crestron RoomView compatibility
The projector supports Crestron RoomView, allowing multiple devices connected to the network to be managed and controlled from a computer.
Equipped with a 10W monaural speaker
High resolution design through 10 bit signal processer, which excels at image process technology like I/P conversion, scaling and noise reduction.
The power can be controlled intensively with Direct Power Off.
High resolution of WUXGA panel (PA500U)
Throwing Distance and Screen Size
PA600X / PA500X (Aspect ratio 4:3)
|Lens model name|
PA550W (Aspect ratio 16:10)
|Lens model name|
PA500U (Aspect ratio 16:10)
|Lens model name|
- *Stated projection distances are standard values. For a stack installation, the recommended projection distances will be different.
- *The values in the tables are design values and may vary .
|LCD Panel||0.79 inch LCD with Micro Lens Array
(Aspect Ratio 4:3)
|0.75 inch LCD with Micro Lens Array
(Aspect Ratio 16:10)
|0.76 inch LCD with Micro Lens Array |
(Aspect Ratio 16:10)
|Optical Device||Dichroic mirror separation-prism convergence system|
|Resolution *1||1024 × 768 pixels||1280 × 800 pixels||1920 × 1200 pixels|
|Lens||See the lens specification|
|Lens Shift *2||NP12ZL, NP13ZL,
|Vertical : Max -0.1 to +0.5,
Horizontal : Max ±0.3
|Vertical : Max -0.1 to +0.6,
Horizontal : Max ±0.3
|Vertical : Max -0.1 to +0.5, |
Horizontal : Max ±0.3 *3
|NP30ZL||Vertical : Max -0.1 to 0.35
Horizontal : Max ± 0.2
|Vertical : Max -0.1 to 0.5 |
Horizontal : Max ± 0.2
|Lamp (Eco Mode On /
Eco Mode Off)
|264W / 330W AC|
|Lamp Life *4 (Eco Mode On / Eco Mode Off)||4000H / 3000H|
|Image Size(Projection Distance)||See the "Throw Distance and Screen Size"|
|Colour Reproduction||10-bit signal processing (1.07 billion colours) (VIEWER, NETWORK : 16.7 million colours)|
|Light Output *5 *6
|Eco Mode Off||6000 ANSI lumens||5000 ANSI lumens||5500 ANSI lumens||5000 ANSI lumens|
|Eco Mode On||Approx. 80% of Eco Mode Off|
|Contrast Ratio (White / Black) *6||2000:1 with Iris|
|Maximum Resolution||WUXGA (1920 × 1200) with Advanced AccuBlend||WUXGA (1920 × 1200)|
|Scan Rate||Horizontal||15kHz to 108kHz (RGB : 24kHz or over) conforms to the VESA standard|
|Vertical||48Hz to 120Hz (HDMI / DisplayPort : 50Hz to 85Hz) conforms to the VESA standard|
|Keystone Correction||Horizontal||Manual Approx.±Max 40 degrees||Manual Approx.±Max 35 degrees|
|Vertical||Manual Approx.±Max 30 degrees|
|Input Terminals||Computer||2 × Mini D-Sub 15 pin (Computer 1&2 IN) , 1x 5BNC (Computer 3 IN)|
|Audio||3 × Stereo Mini Jack|
(Shared with Computer IN)
|2 × Mini D-Sub 15 pin, 1 x 5BNC|
|Audio||Same as Computer IN|
|HDMI||1 × HDMI TypeA|
|DisplayPort||1 × DisplayPort|
|S-VIDEO||1 × Mini DIN-4pin|
|Audio||2 × RCA pin|
|VIDEO||1 × RCA pin|
|Audio||Same as S-Video|
|Output Terminals||RGB||1 × Mini D-Sub 15 pin (Only Computer 1 input can be output)|
|Audio||1 × Stereo Mini Jack|
|USB Port||1 × Type A (for mouse, Keyboard, USB momory)|
|Wireless LAN (USB Port)||1 × Type A|
|Wired LAN Port||1 × RJ-45 (10BASE-T / 100BASE-TX)|
|Control terminals||Remote||1 × Stereo Mini Jack|
|PC control||1 × D-sub 9 pin|
|Built-In Speaker||10W Monaural|
|Quietness (Eco Mode On/ Eco Mode Off)||31dB / 38dB||32dB / 38dB|
|Environment||Operational Temperatures||5 - 40°C ([ECO MODE] is set automatically to [ON] at 35 - 40°C), 20 - 80% Humidity (Non-Condensing)|
|Storage Temperatures||-10 - 50°C, 20 - 80% Humidity (Non-Condensing)|
|Power Requirement||100 - 240V AC, 50Hz/60Hz|
|Input Current||5.1A - 2.1A (PA600X+/PA500X+/PA550W+/PA500U+ : 2.5A)|
(100 - 130V AC / 200 - 240 V AC)
|Eco Mode Off||464W / 443W||477W / 455W|
|Eco Mode On||372W / 356W||384W / 369W|
|Standby Mode||Normal||16W / 18W|
|Power-saving||0.2W (PA600X+/PA500X+/PA550W+/PA500U+ : Less than 1W)|
|Calorific Value (100 - 130V AC / 200 - 240 V AC)||1583 BTU (Max) / 1512 BTU (Max)||1628 BTU (Max) / 1553 BTU (Max)|
|Net dimensions (W x H x D)||499mm × 144mm × 359mm (Not Including Protrusions)|
|Gross dimensions (W x H x D)||591mm × 259mm × 491mm|
|Weight (Not including lens)||7.7kg||7.8kg|
|Accessories||Remote control, Batteries, Computer cable, Power cord, CD-ROM(User's manual/Utility software), Quick setup guide, Important information|
|Regulations||For United States||UL Approved (UL 60950-1), Meets FCC Class B Requirements|
|For Europe||Meets EMC Directive (EN55022 Class B, EN55024, EN61000-3-2, EN61000-3-3), Meets Low Voltage Directive (EN60950-1, TÜV GS Approved)|
|For Canada||C-UL Approved (CSA 60950-1), Meets DOC Canada Class B Requirements|
|For Asia/Oceania||IEC60950-1, Meets AS/NZS CISPR.22 Class B|
|For Korea||KC (safety : K60950-1, EMC : K00022, K00024, K61000-3-2)|
|For China||GB4943, GB9254, GB17625.1|
|For Saudi Arabia||SASO IEC60950-1|
|For Russia||Gost R 60950-1, 51318.22, 51317.3.2. /3.3.|
- *1:Effective pixels are more than 99.99%.
- *2:The Lens Shift function is not available for the NP11FL.
- *3:Horizontal lens shift range is 0.15H at 150" over projected image with the lens NP13ZL.
- *4:Lamp life is defined as the average time span for the brightness of the lamp to be reduced by half, it does not refer to the warranty period for the lamp.
- *5:This is the light output value (ANSI lumens) when the [PRESET] mode is set to [HIGH-BRIGHT]. If any other mode is selected as the [PRESET] mode, the light output value may drop slightly.
- *6:Compliance with ISO21118-2005
All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Remote Control (included accessory)
|Wireless LAN unit *
NP11FL NP30ZL NP12ZL
NP13ZL NP14ZL NP15ZL
- *Model name of the wireless LAN unit varies depending on the country where the unit is used (or to be used).
Further information: Table of Supported Areas and Countries for Wireless LAN Unit
- *The projector can be unplugged during its cool down period after it is turned off.
Parts of the projector will become heated during operation. Use caution when picking up the projector immediately after it has been operating.
- *Use caution when putting the projector in the soft case immediately after the projector has been operating. The projector cabinet is hot.
This product may not be available in some regions.
Model codes, specifications and available options may differ by region.
For detailed information, please contact the NEC sales company or dealer in your area.
The images in this web site are samples.
HDMI, the HDMI Logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks
of HDMI Licensing LLC.
DisplayPort and DisplayPort Certified Logo are trademarks of the Video Electronics Standards Association, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Crestron and Crestron RoomView are trademarks or registered trademarks of Crestron Electronics,Inc.
Trademark PJLink is a trademark applied for trademark rights in Japan, the United States of America
and other countries and areas.
All brand and product names are registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Further trademark information