55" MultiSync X554HB
High-brightness with the most advanced technologies delivers what is needed at your sites
|Model||Viewable Image Size||Brightness||Maximum display pixels||Viewing angle||Contrast ratio|
|X554HB||54.6"||Maximum value 2,700cd/m²
Standard value 2,000cd/m²
|1,920 x 1,080||Horizontal 178°
Designed to be installed in shop windows or in cabinets for outdoor applications, offering high levels of brightness
The state-of-the-art connectivity and sensors allow additional creativity in the content displayed and how it is controlled. The unique built-in NFC sensor, in combination with NEC’s new Android app, reduces installation and maintenance times, which is especially useful on larger installations. The Human Sensor is aware of viewer presence based on proximity and can change brightness, volume, and inputs or power the display up or down, resulting in added engagement and considerable energy savings over time.
Functions and Features
The X554HB is designed to be installed in shop windows or in cabinets for outdoor applications, offering high levels of brightness. The display can be seen clearly in bright locations where external light shines in and is thus optimal for digital signage on which information must be displayed accurately.
Advanced Heat Management
Monitoring and managing the temperature of each display is crucial to secure reliability and longevity.
An industrial-strength, premium-grade panel with additional thermal protection, internal temperature sensors with selfdiagnostics, and fan-based technology allows for 24/7 operation, and protects your display investment.
Intelligent Wireless Data Function
The built-in near field communication (NFC) chip allows data to be read and written via a mobile phone or tablet PC. Users can significantly reduce installation costs as displays can be easily configured and serviced using the NEC NFC Android app. This is available even when the display is switched off and especially useful on larger installations.
Human Sensor and Advanced Auto Dimming
This optional human (motion) sensor accessory (KT-RC2) helps to deliver creative digital signage to end users by allowing for dynamic control of brightness, audio and source inputs while saving on operating costs. Auto dimming adjusts the backlight of the LCD automatically depending on the amount of ambient light.
- Practical example
NaViSet Administrator 2
This software is an all-in-one remote support solution that runs from a central location and provides monitoring, asset management and control functionality of the majority of NEC display devices and Windows computers. It is ideal for multi-device installations over larger infrastructures.
Proof of Play
This function provides accurate proof that displays are working as established and is helpful when checking on the status of the displays installed at user’s site.
Optional Dual Expansion Slots
The dual slot technology allows for the integration of Open Pluggable Specification (OPS*) boards and other option slot products without the need to store additional external equipment. This offers the greater flexibility customers require.
- *OPS is a standard established by Intel Corporation.
Simplify your installations with HDBaseT, which is optimized for video applications and supports uncompressed Full-HD digital video, audio, Ethernet, and various control signals. With only a single cable (up to 100 m) to run, infrastructure and labour costs are reduced, installations are significantly easier, and there is no cable clutter to manage. With uncompressed HD video support, images have never been more stunning. What’s more, control signals are contained in the same cable.
- *Requires the optional HDBaseT board, SB-07BC
DisplayPort and LAN Control Daisy Chain
Video signals and control signals can be daisy chained with one DisplayPort and LAN line respectively, meaning that just two cables manage everything for setup.
- Just one cable for each video and control
- Just two cables will manage everything
- Up to 100 displays can be daisy chained
DisplayPort Multi-stream Function
Thanks to the multi-stream function of DisplayPort, multiple displays can be daisychained and still be individually controlled. This also makes a 2 × 2 video wall with native Ultra High Difinition 4K/2K (3,840 × 2,160) possible.
Dedicated Colour Calibration Software*
As the brightness and colour temperature of the LCD change with time, colours may not match across multiple screens. Our dedicated colour calibration software ensures colour uniformity and fidelity across multiple screens, creating a perfectly matched image in tiled environments.
- *NEC Display Wall Calibrator
Other Useful Features and Functions
- Landscape/portrait capable
- Scheduler with real-time clock
- Intelligent power management system
- Power on delay
- Screen saver function
- Aspect ratio control
- Memo function
- Carbon footprint metre
- Image and on-screen display flip
- Picture-in-picture, picture-out-picture
- Built in speakers
- Point zoom
- Control lock function
- 6-axis colour adjustments and sRGB standard
- Advanced video settings
(Noise reduction, adaptive contrast)
- Colour temperature adjustment
- Programmable gamma setting (3 settings)
- DICOM simulation
- Plug and pay (DDC/CI, DDC2B)
- HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection)
- Ethernet and RS-232C control and communication
- CRESTRON ROOMVIEW™
- AMX Discovery HTTP server
- Status log function
- Firmware update over LAN
- Metal rear cabinet with VESA Standard (FDMIv1) Mounting Interface
|Viewable size (diagonal)||54.6"/ 1,388 mm|
|Active screen area (W × H)||1,209.6 × 680.4 mm|
|Native resolution||1,920 × 1,080|
|Brightness (factory setting / maximum)||2,000 / 2,700 cd/m2|
|Contrast ratio (typical)||5,000:1 (Native contrast)|
|Viewing angle [°]||178 horizontal / 178 vertical (at CR>10)|
|Response time (typical)||6 ms (G to G)|
|Backlight||Direct LED backlight|
|Input terminals||DisplayPort||DisplayPort × 1|
|HDMI||HDMI × 1|
|DVI||DVI-D × 1|
|VGA||Mini D-sub 15pin × 1|
|Audio||Digital: HDMI × 1, DisplayPort × 1, Analog: 3.5 mm Stereo mini jack × 2|
|Output terminals||DisplayPort||DisplayPort × 1|
|Audio||3.5 mm Stereo Mini Jack × 1|
|External control||RS232C||D-Sub 9 pin × 1|
|Ethernet||RJ-45 10 / 100BASE-T × 2 (In/out)|
|Remote in||3.5 mm Stereo Mini Jack × 1|
|Remote out||Possible via Ethernet|
|DDC/CI||Mini D-sub 15 pin / DVI-D|
|Service port||USB Type A × 1|
|Option slots||Expansion slots||Open pluggable specification (NEC / Intel OPS standard) × 1, Interface extension × 1|
|Speaker output||External speakers||15 W + 15 W (8 Ω)|
|Internal speakers||10 W + 10 W|
|Power requirement||6.3 A @ 100-120 V, 2.4 A @ 220-240 V|
|Power consumption (typical)||310 W|
|Power consumption (standby mode)||< 0.5 W|
|Bezel width (L/R, T/B)||19.5 mm|
(without stands: W × H × D)
|1,253.6 × 724.4 × 137.7 mm|
(with stands and handles: W × H × D)
|1,253.6 × 760.7 × 400.0 mm|
|Packaging dimensions (W × H × D)||1,470 × 965 × 430 mm|
|Net weight (without stands)||32.6 kg|
|Gross weight (with box)||42.2 kg|
|VESA compatible mounting interface||400 × 400 mm (M8, 4 holes)|
|Supported orientation||Landscape, Portrait|
|Operating temperature||0°C to 40°C|
|Operating humidity||20% to 80% (without condensation)|
|Operating hours||24 / 7|
|Sensors||Ambient light sensor||Integrated, triggered actions programmable|
|Motion sensor||Optional, external, 4 – 5 m range, triggered actions programmable|
|Temperature sensor||Integrated, 3 sensors, triggered actions programmable|
|NFC sensor||Integrated, 2-cm range, free NEC Android App required|
|Included||Power cord, DVI-D cable, IR remote control, Batteries, Setup manual, Clamp × 3, |
Screw with washer × 3, Thumbscrew for optional stand × 2, CD-ROM
|OPS-Single Board Controller (Computer)||SDI||HDBaseT||Interface Extension Board|
|3G-SDI||HD-SDI||Analog video||Analog video
(5 × BNC)
Ambient light IR Remote
|Ambient light IR Remote|
- *Local options: please contact your supplier.
- MultiSync, NaViSet, TileMatrix and Frame Comp are trademarks or registered trademarks of NEC Display Solutions, Ltd. in Japan, the United States and other countries.
- The terms HDMI and HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- DisplayPort and DisplayPort Compliance Logo are trademarks owned by the Video Electronics Standards Association in the United States and other countries.
- HDBaseT™ and the HDBaseT Alliance logo are trademarks of the HDBaseT Alliance.
- CRESTRON and CRESTRON ROOMVIEW are trademarks or registered trademarks of Crestron Electronics, Inc.
- AMX is a trademark or registered trademark of AMX in the United States and other countries.
- Trademark PJLink is a trademark applied for trademark rights in Japan, the United States and other countries and areas.
- VESA is a trademark of a nonprofit organization, Video Electronics Standard Association.
- Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
- All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. The images in this brochure are samples.
- All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Further trademark information