P502HL / P502WL
The world's most compact 5,000 lumens projector with a laser light source
The new laser technology allows up to 20,000 hours maintenance free operation, ensuring high reliability and low cost of ownership.
Functions and Features
No More Lamp Replacements
Up to 20,000 hours* of maintenance-free operation possible due to the laser light source.
- *Actual hours may vary depending on usage conditions.
Impressive Image Quality for Various Applications
The latest Texas Instruments DLP™ engine featuring BrilliantColor™ technology offers great 15,000:1 contrast for high brightness images up to 5,000 lumens at Full-HD and WXGA native resolutions.
Wide 1.7 × Optical Zoom and H/V Lens Shift
The wide 1.7 × optical zoom, horizontal / vertical lens shift and keystone correction allow flexible setting in various locations.
A Dustproof Design Supported by NEC’s Closed-loop Cooling System
The projector has a dustproof design to prevent the staining of optical components from the ingress of dust and the deterioration of brightness and image quality. Heat within the dustproof units is exhausted from heat sinks, and the external air used for cooling does not directly contact the optical system, so the design offers both excellent dustproofing and cooling.
Tilt-free and Portrait Installation Support
The projector can be rotated freely (360°) to point up or down depending on the installation requirements and can be rotated (along with the screen if necessary) to a vertical alignment so that portrait content can be viewed without black bars on the sides when landscape mode is used.
Compatible with Diverse Signal Sources
Built-in HDBaseT Support
Simplify your installations with HDBaseT, which is optimized for video applications and supports uncompressed Full HD digital video, audio, Ethernet, and various control signals. With only a single cable (up to 100 m) to run, infrastructure and labor costs are reduced, installations are significantly easier, and there is no cable clutter to manage. With uncompressed HD video support, images have never been more stunning. What is more, control signals are contained in the same cable.
This series projector can deliver a solution when you would prefer to leave your laptop computer behind for a presentation. Simply place your file onto a USB drive and plug it into the projector’s USB port. This allows you to display images stored as JPEGs from optional USB storage.
Dual HDMI Inputs
Among the P502HL series wide selection of inputs is HDMI with HDCP for connecting to high-definition sources such as Blu-ray players, cable boxes, satellite receivers and personal computers.
Advanced Networking Capabilities
Multi-screen Projection Function*1
The multi-screen projection function allows for the sharing of screens of multiple devices on various split-screen displays. Display information from up to 50*2 PCs, tablet PCs, smart phones, and other network connected devices on a multi-screen display of up to 16 screens. Easily share screens and information regardless of device or operating system.
- *1:Requires the optional wireless LAN module for wireless connection. PCs require the installation of the Image Express Utility Lite software on the included CD-ROM. Smart phones and tablets require the download and installation of our Wireless Image Utility software.
- *2:The connection of 50 devices is limited to when the projector is configured to “Managed Mode”. The connection of 50 devices to the network requires construction of a wireless LAN environment, such as the use of a separate access point.
Web sharing function
Without the need for exclusive software, it enables you to share images and files between the projector and computers in the same network by accessing the web server of the projector utilizing the web browser.
NaViSet Administrator 2
This software is an all-in-one remote support solution that runs from a central location and provides monitoring, asset management and control functionality for a majority of NEC display devices and Windows computers. It is ideal for multi-device installations over larger infrastructures.
Virtual Remote Tool
The utility software Virtual Remote Tool included on the supplied NEC Projector CD-ROM can display the Virtual Remote (or toolbar) on your computer screen. This allows you to turn the projector power on or off and select signals from a computer display cable (VGA), serial cable, or LAN connection.
Other Networking Capabilities
- Simple Access Point
- PC Control Utility 4.0 for Windows
- PC Control Utility 5.0 for Mac
- CRESTRON ROOMVIEW™ with emergency function
- AMX BEACON
- HTTP server
Other Useful Features and Functions
- Powerful 20-watt speaker provides the volume levels needed for large rooms
- Virtually instant start up with the laser light source
- Auto power-on via the HDMI 1, HDMI 2 and RGB (15-pin) input connectors when a signal is detected from a computer
- Sleep timer can be set to automatically turn off the projector at set countdown times
- Power management automatically turns off the projector when an incoming signal is not detected from any of the inputs
- No-signal guidance for easy cable connections
- Intuitive plug and play setup and operation
- PC-based geometric correction and 3D Reform™ function
- SmartSource™ 3D Ready
- Includes a remote with the control ID registration function, which allows operation of multiple projectors with a single remote
- Wall colour correction for vivid images even without a screen
- DICOM simulation
- Security bar / Kensington lock / Control panel lock and password lock
- Low power consumption (0.36 W in 240 V AC stand-by mode) minimizes energy costs
- The carbon metre lets you check the amount of CO2 you reduced by using ECO Mode
|Method||Relection by single DMD chip|
|Specifications of main parts|
|Main panel||Size||0.65" (aspect ratio: 16:9) 2,073,600||0.65" (aspect ratio: 16:10)|
|Pixels*1||(1,920 dots × 1,080 lines)||1,024,000 (1,280 dots × 800 lines)|
|Projection lens||Zoom||Manual (zoom ratio 1.7)|
|Lens shifting||Manual (H: ±25%, V: +62%, –0%)||Manual (H: ±28%, V: +59%, –0%)|
|Light source||Blue laser diode|
(laser diode) Life*2
|Optical unit||C/W type (DLP), colour separation by colour wheel; time-multiplexing colour wheel method|
|Light output*3*4||ECO mode off||5,000 lm|
|ECO 1 mode||Approx. 80%|
|ECO 2 mode||Approx. 50%|
|Contrast ratio*4 (all white / all black)||15,000:1 with dynamic contrast|
|Screen size||30 to 300 inches|
|Colour reproducibility||10-bit signal processing (approx. 1.07 billion colours)|
|Quietness (ECO2 / ECO1 / ECO mode off)||31 dB / 33 dB / 39 dB|
|Synchronization rate||Horizontal||15 to 100 kHz (24 kHz or greater for RGB inputs)|
|Vertical||50 to 120 Hz|
|Max. display resolution
(horizontal × vertical)
|Analogue: 1,920 × 1,200 (with Advanced AccuBlend) / |
Digital: 1,920 × 1,080 (with Advanced AccuBlend)
|Keystone correction||Horizontal||Manual (approx. ±25 degrees)|
|Vertical||Manual (approx. ±30 degrees)|
|Input / output connectors|
|Computer input||Mini D-Sub 15-pin × 1|
|Audio input||Stereo mini jack × 1|
|HDMI® input||TypeA 19-pin HDMI® connector (HDCP, audio) × 2|
|HDBaseT™||RJ45 (Ethernet 100Base-TX / HDBaseT, audio) × 1|
|Video input||RCA × 1|
|Audio input||RCA × 2 (L / R)|
|Computer output||Mini D-Sub 15-pin × 1|
|Audio output||Stereo mini jack × 1|
|PC control||D-Sub 9-pin × 1|
|USB port||Type A for USB memory × 1, Type B for service × 1|
|Ethernet port||RJ-45 (10 / 100Base-TX) × 1, W-LAN (USB type A) × 1 for wireless LAN unit|
|3D SYNC||Synchronized signal output for 3D use × 1|
|Built-in speaker||20 W monaural × 1|
|Usage environment||Operating temperature: 5 to 40°C*5, operating humidity: 20 to 80% (with no condensation) |
Storage temperature: –10 to 50°C, storage humidity: 20 to 80% (with no condensation)
Operating altitude: 0 to 2,600 m (1700 to 2,600 m: Set [FAN MODE] to [HIGH])
|Power supply||100 – 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz|
|Power consumption||ECO mode off||464 W (100 – 130 V ) / 442 W (200 – 240 V )|
|ECO1||362 W (100 – 130 V ) / 347 W (200 – 240 V )|
|ECO2||236 W (100 – 130 V ) / 231 W (200 – 240 V )|
|STANDBY (NORMAL)||Less than 0.36 W|
|STANDBY (NETWORK)||Less than 2.3 W|
|Rated input current||5.7 – 2.3 A|
|Dimensions (W × H × D)||469 × 137 × 365 mm (net dimensions, not including protruding parts)|
|Weight||8.7 kg (net weight)|
- *1:Effective pixels are more than 99.99%.
- *2:Time at which the laser light source is at half brightness; not a guarantee time.
- *3:Light output value when the [PRESET] mode is set to [HIGH-BRIGHT].
- *4:Compliant with ISO21118-2005.
- *5:When surrounding temperature is 35 – 40°C, [PRESET] becomes [ECO] mode automatically.
These specifications and the product’s design are subject to change without notice.
Throw distance and screen size
P502HL Full HD (Aspect ratio 16:9)
|Throw distance L (m)||Height H (cm)|
|Wide||Tele||0% V – 62% V|
|30"||66.4||37.4||0.79||1.39||−18.7 – 4.3|
|40"||88.6||49.8||1.07||1.86||−24.9 – 5.8|
|50"||110.7||62.3||1.34||2.34||−31.1 – 7.2|
|60"||132.8||74.7||1.62||2.81||−37.4 – 8.7|
|80"||177.1||99.6||2.17||3.76||−49.8 – 11.6|
|100"||221.4||124.5||2.72||4.71||−62.3 – 14.5|
|120"||265.7||149.4||3.28||5.66||−74.7 – 17.4|
|150"||332.1||186.8||4.11||7.08||−93.4 – 21.7|
|200"||442.8||249.1||5.49||9.45||−124.5 – 28.9|
|250"||553.4||311.3||6.87||11.82||−155.7 – 36.2|
|300"||664.1||373.6||8.25||14.19||−186.8 – 43.4|
P502WL WXGA (Aspe ct ratio 16:10)
|Throw distance L (m)||Height H (cm)|
|Wide||Tele||0% V – 59% V|
|30"||64.6||40.4||0.81||1.42||−20.2 – 3.4|
|40"||86.2||53.8||1.09||1.9||−26.9 – 4.6|
|50"||107.7||67.3||1.37||2.39||−33.7 – 5.7|
|60"||129.2||80.8||1.66||2.87||−40.4 – 6.9|
|80"||172.3||107.7||2.22||3.84||−53.8 – 9.2|
|100"||215.4||134.6||2.78||4.81||−67.3 – 11.5|
|120"||258.5||161.5||3.35||5.78||−80.8 – 13.8|
|150"||323.1||201.9||4.19||7.23||−101.0 – 17.2|
|200"||430.8||269.2||5.6||9.65||−134.6 – 23|
|250"||538.5||336.5||7.01||12.08||−168.3 – 28.7|
|300"||646.2||403.9||8.43||14.5||−201.9 – 34.5|
- *Stated projection distances are standard values.
- *The values in the tables are design values and may vary.
Remote control (included accessory)
Wireless LAN unit*1
- *1Model name of the wireless LAN unit varies depending on the country where the unit is used (or to be used).
Further information: Table of Supported Areas and Countries for Wireless LAN Unit
- *2The last digit may vary depending on the country of destination.
- *This product is classified as Class 2 of IEC60825-1 Second edition 2007-03. The laser module is equipped in this product.
DO NOT STARE INTO THE LENS WHILE IN USE
- *The projector can be unplugged during its cool down period after it is turned off. Parts of the projector will become heated during operation.
Use caution when picking up the projector immediately after it has been operating.
- *Use caution when putting the projector in the soft case immediately after the projector has been operating.The projector cabinet is hot.
NaViSet is a trademark or registered trademark of NEC Display Solutions, Ltd. in Japan, the United States and other countries.
DLP and the DLP logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Texas Instruments.
SmartSource™ 3D is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
The terms HDMI and HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
HDBaseT and the HDBaseT Alliance logo are trademarks of the HDBaseT Alliance.
iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the United States and other countries and is used under license.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Miracast is a trademark or registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance.
CRESTRON and CRESTRON ROOMVIEW are trademarks or registered trademarks of Crestron Electronics, Inc.
Trademark PJLink is a trademark applied for trademark right in the United States of America and other countries.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. The images in this brochure are samples.
Further trademark information